This page has been automatically translated from French into English by a translation software. Automatic translations are not as accurate as translations made by professional human translators. Nevertheless these pages can help you understand information published by the City of Brussels.
The local resident card is the municipal parking card - type A.
Who can obtain a local resident card?
The local resident card is delivered to every physical person having established his main home along a public road or in a sector planned for that purpose on the territory of the City of Brussels.
If the applicant is exempt from registration following certificates are accepted: certificates issued by the Federal Public Service (FPS) Interior, the Ministry of External Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Protocol Department or the embassy or consulate where the applicant works.
How to obtain a local resident card?
- via the electronic counter
- at the counter of the Police records service of the City of Brussels
Documents to be supplied
- ID card
- certificate of registration of the vehicle
- a mandate (PDF, 0,01MB) and the copy of the ID card if a third person comes to collect the local resident card
Supplementary documents to be supplied for a company vehicle:
- the certificate of the company saying that the vehicle is used privately as well as professionally
- the statuses of the company or the extract of the Belgian Official Journal if the owner of the vehicle is a manager or an administrator of the company
- if the company has a leasing contract, this contract or a certificate confirming the agreement
Supplementary documents to be supplied for a vehicle of personal leasing:
- leasing contract
Supplementary documents to be supplied for a vehicle of a third person:
- a copy of the insurance policy on which it is mentioned that the interested is the first driver of the vehicle
Supplementary documents to be supplied for people exempted from registration:
- the certificate of the protocol service of the Foreign Affairs service with the name, first name, address, household
Vehicles registered abroad
Any person residing in Belgium and having a vehicle that has been registered abroad, must register his or her vehicle in Belgium.
He or she may get a temporary residents card (10 euro) for a maximum period of 3 months starting from his or her application for registration in the Belgian population registers.
For vehicles registered abroad, only the categories of following persons can benefit from a local resident card:
- category 1: the vehicle which a foreign professional person rents to a person for a maximal duration of 6 months, not renewable
- category 2: every physical person who uses the vehicle for the exercise of his profession for a foreign owner to whom this person is bound by a contract of employment
- category 3: the vehicle driven by an official who lives in Belgium and who works for an international institution in another member state of the European Union
- category 4: the vehicle of which the owner is considered as a person temporarily absent (the fact of leaving the Belgian territory for a duration from 3 months to 1 year and for whom a declaration to the competent service of the municipality was introduced beforehand) and who has his parking in Belgium during no more than six months continuously
- electronic counter: about 10 working days
- at the counter: at once, valid the next day
- 1 year
- First card: 10 euro
- Second card: 100 euro
Where to make the demand of a local resident card?
The resident card has to be requested via the e-portal.
Demography DepartmentTel. : 02 279 62 60
Local resident card
Fax : 02 279 62 69
Opening hours : Monday to Wednesday from 8:30 am to 3 pm, Thursday from 8:30 am to 6 pm, Friday from 8:30 am to 12 pm, the distribution of tickets takes place from 8:15 am
Telephone hours : from Monday till Friday from 8:30 am till 4 pm
Liaison office in LaekenTel. : 02 279 37 00
Boulevard Emile Bockstael 246
1020 Brussels (Laeken)
Fax : 02 279 37 08
Opening hours : from Monday to Wednesday from 8:30 am till 11:30 am and from 1:30 pm till 3 pm, Thursday from 8:30 am till 11:30 am, Friday from 8:30 am till 11:30 am and from 1:30 pm till 3 pm (distribution of tickets from 8:15 am)
Liaison Office Northeast DistrictTel. : 02 736 04 78
Rue Van Campenhout 16
Fax : 02 736 41 95
Opening hours : on Tuesday and Thursday from 1:45 pm till 3:15 pm
Telephone hours : on Tuesday and Thursday from 1:45 pm till 3:30 pm
Louise district liaison officeTel. : 02 279 28 90
Boulevard de la Cambre 34
Fax : 02 279 28 99
Opening hours : Monday and Wednesday 1:45 pm to 3:15 pm
Telephone hours : Monday and Wednesday 1:45 pm to 3:30 pm
Demand of a pass for the Car Free Sunday
A pass for the Car Free Sunday of 21 September 2014 can be delivered to persons who make the demand. Attention, this demand of dispensation must be duly motivated.