Organizing an event in Brussels
Organizers of events or activities can use the public places in the City. The municipality must give a permit for the temporary occupation of a public space.
The request must be made at least 6 weeks before the event via:
- Event permit application form (DOCX, 224.21 KB)
Remark: the organisation of a demonstration is not part of events, it requires a special demand at the police.
The form can be used for the application for different types of events and activities in public places:
- show (theatre, circus arts)
- party (neighborhood party,...)
- sports activities
- exhibition and art
- flea market (brocante), rummage sales, market, fair
- sale in public space
- sensitization action (stand, distribution or leaflets or flyers, collection, ...)
- promotion action
- TV or film recordings
- letting go of balloons
- fireworks (pyrotechnic effects)
Depending on availability and under certain conditions, the City of Brussels may provide the organiser with podiums, tents, chairs, nadar barriers,...
For further information, please contact:
- 02 279 56 79
The organiser must follow the following procedures:
- Ban on disposable plastic products at events
- Management of copyright and related rights
- Advice and supervision from the fire brigade (DBDMH-SIAMU) and from an aggregate organisation for the installation and implantation plan
- Surveillance (aggregated by the Minister of the Interior)
- Transport and mobility: reservation of parking places at the police, diversion of public transport (STIB and/or De Lijn), mobility plan during an event of 3000 or more people
- Road interventions: pressure on the road surface, access and information to residents, traders,...
- Electricity: opening of an electric temporary counter, shutting down public lighting and/or activating festive lighting on the Grand-Place
- Water supply (Vivaqua)
- Cleaning: maintenance plan for cleaning the site or cleaning by the cleaning services of the City of Brussels (specifications)
- Publicity activities and facilities (taxes)
- Display (on specific panels - City of Brussels display network, distribution of printed material in the public domain)
- Certain activities require the advice of the fire brigade (DBDMH-SIAMU). This request must be attached to the form for the occupation of public spaces.
- Sanitary facilities: installation at the expense of the organiser of the required facilities or with the agreement of the managers of the cafes and/or restaurants)
If you wish to organize your event in a regional park on the territory of the City, it is necessary to obtain the agreement of Bruxelles Environnement which manages these parks:
- Organize an event in a green space (in French, Bruxelles Environnement)
When broadcasting amplified sound, take note of the Amplified Sound Decree:
- Electronically amplified sound (in French)
Practical guide to organizing outdoor events that are accessible to persons with reduced mobility: