How to get realtime traffic info? What are the rules in the pedestrian zone and on the closures of the Bois de la Cambre.
During weekends and holidays there is a decline in car traffic. The Bois de la Cambre is closed for car traffic in the weekend, to leave space for other users.
The closure means a decrease of noise, more secure and natural space is accessible for children, walkers, cycles, games,...
When the forest is closed, the rules of the pedestrian zone apply. Pedestrians have priority. Cyclists and other non-motorized vehicles are also allowed on all roads provided they drive slowly and do not endanger the pedestrians.
Weekends and holidays
The City of Brussels adopted the periodic and partial closure of the Bois de la Cambre for traffic. During the week, the access remains open for all traffic, but the access is limited during weekends and holidays: the south buckle of the Wood is then closed to car traffic.
Closures and reopenings of the accesses are always made at 6 am in the morning.
Mobility and Urban Planning
In case of bad weather, the forest can also be closed for safety reasons by the police.
- Via Twitter: External site Brussels Capital Ixelles police zone
- External site Brussels Capital Ixelles police zone
- External site Brussels Mobility
- free number of the Green Spaces Service: 0800 144 77 (for all information on the Bois de la Cambre)
- Map - traffic Bois de la Cambre (PDF, 4.32 MB)