Winter Wonders and Christmas Market 2018
From 30 November 2018 till 6 January 2019 in the centre of Brussels.
The Winter Wonders event takes place before and during the Christmas holidays, at the Grand-Place in Brussels and around the Bourse, the Place de la Monnaie, the Place Sainte-Catherine and the Marché aux Poissons.
Winter Wonders includes:
- a Christmas market with more than 200 chalets
- fairground attractions (Ferris wheel, merry-go-rounds,...)
- a covered ice rink for skating (Place de la Monnaie)
- a Christmas tree and sound and light show on the Grand-Place
- light and festive parades
- Winter Vox: concerts by choirs (at the Black Tower)
- Winter Pop: during one weekend, 4 squares will host Winter Pop, a small but mighty Winter Wonders popup village
- Make-A-Wish (15 and 16 December)
Finland is the celebrated country of this edition of Winter Wonders. For five weeks, the Kainuu region will represent the country at the Rue Orts.
- The Dome: in this structure (between the Stock Exchange and the Place De Brouckère, visitors can admire shows and performances with extraordinary visual and sound creations. There are also many other activities: film screenings, concerts, performances and a special program for children and families,...
- Lighting up the city centre: video mapping on the Sainte-Catherine Church and the Grand Casino Brussels Viage
- Smurf Experience: a small parade of Smurfs (on Wednesday 5 December), Smurf Experience exhibition (at Brussels Expo)
- Van Gogh - The Immersive Experience: a 360° dive into the world of one of the greatest geniuses of the last century (at the Stock Exchange)
Next video shows the 2018 Winter Wonders teaser (the video contains no dialogue or text, only a background music):