Advisory Council of the Disabled
The City of Brussels has an Advisory Council of the Disabled.
An Advisory Council of the Disabled (CCPH or APH) was created on the initiative of the City of Brussels in 2007. The City invited the various associations and the people working with handicaped persons to subject their candidacies to sit in this Council.
The objective of this workgroup is to notice daily problems encountered by disabled people. The Council can also advise the City for the drafting and distribution of informative brochures, the awareness of the Brussels population by means of concrete actions,...
In its decision of November 29th, 2007, the Board of Mayor and Aldermen accepted following associations or persons as official members (modified on 10 November 2011):
- Accessibilité & Mobilité Pour Tous
- Ado-Icarus Brussel
- Association Belge des Paralysés
- Blindenzorg Licht en Liefde
- Advisory Council of the Seniors of the City of Brussels
- Fédération des mutualités socialistes du Brabant
- Fédération Francophone des Sourds de Belgique (FFSB)
- Braille Ligue
- Le 8ème jour
- Le Troisième Oeil
- Groupe Vous et Moi
- Les Amis de Benjamin
- Oeuvre Nationale des Aveugles
- Christiane De Busschere (individually)
- Nadia Hadad (individually)
- Jean Depasse (individually)
This Council meets at least 4 times a year.
The reports of the meetings are only available in Dutch and French.
- Advisory Council of the Disabled (PDF, 2.10 MB) (presentation in French and Dutch from 2011)
- Week of the Handicap 2010 - Conference on the sexual and emotional life of people with disabilities (, 2.99 MB) (30th of November 2010), presentation 'Affectivité, Sexualité et le Handicap mental' by Mr. Jean-Luc Wasmes (La Maisonnée) (only in French) & 'Vie affective, relationnelle et sexuelle des personnes handicapées mentales et des personnes handicapées physiques : enjeux actuels' (, 1.30 MB) by Professor Michel Mercier (University of Namur)
- Week of the Handicap 2009 - information day on legal information for disabled (1 December 2009): summary (PDF, 171.24 KB) & supplement (PDF, 411.21 KB) (only in French)