Advisory Council of the Disabled
The City of Brussels has an Advisory Council of the Disabled.
An Advisory Council of the Disabled (CCPH or APH) was created on the initiative of the City of Brussels in 2007.
Members of the council are associations that are committed to combating prejudice based on disability, to promoting and defending social inclusion and to the emancipation of people with disabilities, but also people with disabilities who are independent from these associations and people who are active and involved in related activities.
The Advisory Council of the Disabled issues advice on any question by the City and studies the specific needs and interests of persons with disabilities and makes them known to the Board.
The following organizations and individuals are part of the council since June 2021:
- AMT Concept ( Handy.Brussels - Bruxelles pour Tous!)
- Blindenzorg Licht en Liefde vzw / VeBeS vzw
- European Network on Indepent Living ENIL
- Le 6e sens
- Le 8eme jour
- Le Troisième Œil
- Les Amis de Benjamin
- Les Amis des Aveugles
- Braille league
- Passe le Message à ton Voisin
- Charly Douglas (individually)
- Jacques Dekoster (individually)
- Jacques Petit (individually)
- Zbigniew David Drozdz (individually)
This Council meets at least 3 times a year.
The reports of the meetings are only available in Dutch and French.
- Advisory Council of the Disabled (PDF, 2.10 MB) (presentation in French and Dutch from 2011)
- Week of the Handicap 2010 - Conference on the sexual and emotional life of people with disabilities (, 2.99 MB) (30th of November 2010), presentation 'Affectivité, Sexualité et le Handicap mental' by Mr. Jean-Luc Wasmes (La Maisonnée) (only in French) & 'Vie affective, relationnelle et sexuelle des personnes handicapées mentales et des personnes handicapées physiques : enjeux actuels' (, 1.30 MB) by Professor Michel Mercier (University of Namur)
- Week of the Handicap 2009 - information day on legal information for disabled (1 December 2009): summary (PDF, 171.24 KB) & supplement (PDF, 411.21 KB) (only in French)