Alcohol ban in the pedestrian zone
From 1 February 2020, the use of alcoholic beverages in the public area of the pedestrian zone will be prohibited from midnight to 6 am. The consumption of alcoholic beverages will only be permitted on terraces with a license and at events authorized or organized by the City of Brussels.
These regulations apply from 1 February 2020 to 31 January 2021.
A violation is punished with a municipal administrative fine of a maximum of 350 euros. The fine is increased in case of a repeat within 2 years after the imposition of an administrative fine, without ever being able to exceed the sum of 350 euros.
The alcohol is confiscated in the event of a violation. In the event of an administrative seizure, the seized objects can be destroyed.
- Regulation - Alcohol ban in public space (PDF, 342.02 KB) (in French)
- Regulation - Alcohol ban in public space - EXTENSION (PDF, 338.02 KB) (in French)
- Regulation - Alcohol ban in public space (PDF, 341.81 KB) (in Dutch)
- Regulation - Alcohol ban in public space - EXTENSION (PDF, 337.93 KB) (in Dutch)
The regulations apply within the following perimeter:
- Perimeter - Alcohol ban in the pedestrian zone (PDF, 1.32 MB)