Authorisation to create green spaces
The City of Brussels offers assistance and support for greening projects in public spaces.
It involves following projects:
- planting a climber on a street-facing façade
- a planter (at the foot of the façade)
- planting in a decorative container
- creating a micro-garden
The greening of public spaces helps to:
- improve the microclimate
- clean the air by binding dust and certain pollutants
- foster biodiversity and strengthen the network of green spaces
- create more attractive neighborhoods
- In order to prepare your greening project, please read the conditions on our website Végétalisons (in French and Dutch)
- The greening project must be located in the City of Brussels. It is subject to prior authorization from the College of Aldermen.
- Comply with commitments set out in the Regulation
- The façades of listed buildings or buildings registered on the safeguarding list
- If you would like to plant a tree in the City of Brussels, consult Végétalisons - construire mon projet (in French)
How to apply?
- Please read the conditions
- Online via MyBXL
- ID document
- In order to submit an application for a climbing plant on a street-facing façade, the written authorization of the owner of the building is required
The greening project will be the subject of a feasibility study.
The time frame will depend on the type of project, weather conditions and planting schedules.
- Regulation 'Greening public spaces' (in French)
- Regulation 'Greening public spaces' (in Dutch)