Bonus 'separate access'
In the city, numerous floors of buildings remain still unused because of the absence of a separate entrance. The City of Brussels gives a bonus which encourages the owners and the shopkeepers to make a separate entrance.
The bonus 'separate access' concerns the territory of the City of Brussels. Lots of buildings are recognized for their exceptional historic and patrimonial value. The projects thus have to respect this heritage.
The 'separate access' bonus is granted within a global project which plans the creation of a separate access as well as the changes to the floors of the buildings.
The creation of a separate access is subjected to the obtaining of a planning permit because these works can imply an adaptation of the facade and, if necessary, interior works.
The 'separate access' bonus is valid for the people who realize works for the creation of a separate access. Who can benefit from the bonus?
- houses situated on the territory of the City of Brussels and which have no separate access
The works for the creation of a separate access include, for example:
- the installation of a privative door and the adaptation of the shop window
- the creation of an entrance hall and a corridor
- the creation of a new staircase to the first floor
Remark: the Town Planning Department, on preliminary plan, will decide if a bonus can be awarded.
70% of the amount of the works, including VAT, with a ceiling of 15.000 euro by building.
With a social real estate agency
In case the management is confided to a social real estate agency, Renobru or another operator, or in case the separate access serves the floors of several buildings belonging to different owners: the bonus is increased to 85% of the amount of the works, including VAT, with a ceiling of 18.000 euro by building.
The completed form has to reach next service at the latest on 1 December:
The form is available at:
- Counter of the Town Planning Department
Boulevard Anspach 6 (10th floor)
- Bonus for the creation of a separate access - application form (PDF, 30.58 KB) (in French)
- Bonus for the creation of a separate access - application form (PDF, 29.67 KB) (in Dutch)
Information and contact:
All information on the planning permits: