Coronavirus measures

The City of Brussels has taken several decisions in order to best respect the measures of the federal government in the fight against the coronavirus (Covid-19). More info: coronavirus measures by the City of Brussels. Please note: at the Administrative Centre & liaison offices, all citizens are asked to come alone, maximum 15 minutes before the appointment time, wear a face mask (obligatory) and disinfect their hands.


Brexit: message to British citizens and their family members

The Withdrawal Agreement concluded after Brexit safeguards the rights of British citizens and their family members who have already resided and worked in a member state of the European Union (EU).

Residence permit M

If you are staying in the City of Brussels and you are in possession of a residence card E, E+, F or F+ or an Annex 8/8bis (of which the period of validity has not expired): from February 2021 you will be summoned to order a residence permit M as beneficiary of the Withdrawal Agreement.

If you do not have a valid residence permit, but you already stayed in Belgium before 31 December 2020, please send an application by e-mail to:

In any case, you have until 31 December 2021 to apply for a residence permit M.

More Bexit info

More information about Brexit (general information, information for citzens and companies,...):

Created on 27/01/2020 (modified on 12/01/2021)