New Administrative Centre
What is it about?
The current outdated Administrative Centre no longer meets the needs of the public. In order to better serve its citizens, the City Council of the City of Brussels has given a green light for the public procurement for the construction of a new Administrative Centre at the current Parking 58. This modern glass building will welcome approximately 1,700 employees of the City of Brussels.
Parking 58 is replaced by an underground parking lot with 450 parking spaces. 'Soft mobility' is not forgotten with more than 250 bicycle parking spaces (for staff and visitors).
Ecology is one of the main concerns of the City. The energy performance (PDF, 188.99 KB) is that of passive houses. The building will be equipped with solar panels, cogeneration, full LED lighting, a rainwater collection system for water supplies,...
Short presentation video (the video contains no dialogue or text, only a background music):
The construction of the new Administrative Centre is part of the BXL20/21 project, which includes a series of initiatives to improve
- the receipt and processing of applications from citizens
- the efficiency of working methods
- the welfare of the staff
The move of all staff to a central and modern place will enable more public service efficiency, but also simplified communication.
This important investment will also improve your neighborhood by connecting the pedestrian zone, the Place Sainte-Catherine and the Place de Brouckère.
Rue Courte des Halles: passage through the building
The Rue Courte des Halles was no longer open to the public. As part of the Brucity construction, the City of Brussels wants to open this street again with a passage through the building.
Pedestrians will be able to cross the building via the entrance hall from Monday to Saturday from 7:30 am to 11 pm and on Sunday from 9 am to 10 pm. During events, these opening hours may be adjusted.
In addition, the City of Brussels wants to provide animation on the ground floor outside the opening hours of the Administrative Centre (lighting, exhibition, information,...).
Schedule of the works
This provisional schedule may be subject to changes:
- End of September 2018: demolition of the existing building
- Beginning of 2020 until the end of 2022: laying of the foundations + construction of the new building + finishing
- End of 2022: decoration + move
Mobility during the works
- Buses: during the works there will be no buses at the Rue des Halles.
- Bus 29 and 66: the final stop moved to the Rue des Augustins and the departure point is at the Rue de l'Ecuyer.
- Bus 71: the final stop moved to the loop under the Philips Tower during the construction site, the departure point is at the Rue de l'Ecuyer.
- Cars: it is not recommended to take the Rue des Halles, even if it remains accessible. The Rue de la Vierge Noire remains open, but with limited width.
- Deliveries to traders: the works will not have an impact, except for very short periods.
- Removal of debris: an average of 2 trucks per hour evacuate the debris via the Rue Dansaert, from Monday to Friday between 7 am and 7 pm.
- Traders and residents are informed by the site manager of activities that affect mobility.
Info about the yard
- Working hours: from Monday to Friday between 7 am and 7 pm. In case of noise outside these hours, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Surface area of the building: 34.700 m².
Phase 1: removal of asbestos, demolition, earthworks
- Pouvoir adjudicataire : Ville de Bruxelles - Département Urbanisme - Section Architecture (Boulevard Anspach, 6 - 1000 Bruxelles). Tél. : 02 279 31 60
- Adjudicataire : CENTRE 58 by AG Real Estate (Avenue des Arts, 58, 1000 Bruxelles). Tél. : 02 609 68 00
- Architectes : Buro II & Archi+I - Bruno Albert & Associés (Rue J. Jordaens 18a, 1000 Bruxelles). Tél. : 02 641 88 00
- Ingénieur Stabilité : VK Engineers (Avenue Clémenceau 87 - 1070 Bruxelles). Tél. : 02 414 07 77
- Cordinateur sécurité : SECO (Rue d'Arlon 53 - 1040 Bruxelles). Tél. : 02 238 22 11
- Entreprise : ARFI - Avenue Brugmann, 27 - 1060 Bruxelles - tél. 02 543 46 00 - fax 02 543 46 01 - firstname.lastname@example.org (RPM Bruxelles, TVA: BE0424.905.926, Enregistrement 03.11.1.3)
Phase 2: embankment
- Entreprise : Franki Foundations - Avenue Edgard Frankignoul, 2 - 1480 Saintes (Belgique) - tél. 02 2 391 46 46 - fax 02 391 46 47 - email@example.com
Phase 3: general contractor
- Entreprise : to be assigned
- Valens SA
Avenue Brugmann 27
Tel.: 02 543 46 00
City of Brussels:
For complaints and information about works on the territory of the City of Brussels:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: 02 279 31 60
Long presentation video (the video contains no dialogue or text, only a background music):