Call for candidates for new Square Marguerite market
The City of Brussels is looking for merchants for its new market on the Square Marguerite in the European quarter. Candidates can apply until 28 February 2021.
The City of Brussels wants to give the European quarter, and in particular the Square Marguerite, a boost by creating a market of local, sustainable and waste-free products. The aim is to offer the residents of the European quarter a new commercial offer with less packaging.
Local and sustainable products
In the context of this future market, the following exhibitors and traders will be attracted: fruit and vegetables, cheese and dairy products, bread and pastries, (cold) meat, fish and seafood, groceries (coffee, tea, chocolate) and delicacies, hygiene and cosmetic products, and all products adapted to zero waste (bulk, reusable containers,...). Local producers, artisans and local products are more appreciated.
The challenge for this market is that the various traders do not directly offer packaging. For example, they encourage customers to bring their own containers and bags. It is strongly recommended that customers pay with Bancontact or credit card.
- Square Marguerite - 1000 Brussels
- Each Wednesday from 2 pm to 8 pm from March-May 2021
- Per meter at the "single trader" rate, free occupancy of the pitches during the first 3 months, if available every Wednesday for 3 months, with a maximum tolerance for a legitimate absence every month
- Bulk products, local products, zero waste products
- Do not offer packaging, prefer reusable packaging, offer payment via Bancontact
You can register until 28 February 2021, by e-mail to the Markets Service: