Call for projects patrimony 2021
The City of Brussels launches a first call for projects on awareness-raising, valorisation, exhibition or study of the historical, cultural and architectural heritage, private or public, on the territory of the City.
Eligible proposals are projects that create a dialogue between past and present, but are aimed at the future of the city. This approach is essential to connect heritage to the challenges and needs of a modern city.
The submitted projects must pursue at least one of the following objectives:
- To put in the spotlight deserving women who have helped shape the history of our city
- Forge a link with the public to raise awareness, inform them or make heritage more known
- Focus on the awareness and valorisation of heritage, or its preservation
The applications are selected by a jury consisting of a representative of the Office of the Alderwoman for Town Planning and Public Space in charge of the historical heritage of the City of Brussels, and the directorate of the Historical Heritage Unit. The jury takes into account the following criteria:
- the contribution of the project to the objectives of the general policy program of the City of Brussels
- the social impact (local, national and/or international) and the long-term consequences
- the innovative character
- the cost-benefit ratio of the project
- the created partnerships
The selected projects will benefit from a government grant (between 500 and 15,000 euros) intended to cover, in whole or in part, the financial plan of the proposal, as presented by the association in its application form and within the limit of the allocated public resources for projects by the Board.
- Until 30 April 2021: submission of the files via the appropriate form.
- May 2021: selection of the applications, selected by a jury consisting of a representative of the Office of the Alderwoman for Town Planning and Public Space, in charge of the historical heritage of the City of Brussels, and the directorate of the Historical Heritage Unit.
- June-July 2021: approval of the subsidy decisions by the City Council of the City of Brussels and official announcement to the laureates.
For more information, please contact the Historical Heritage Unit: