In this cookies statement, the following terms are defined as stated below:
- City of Brussels: municipality of Brussels - City Hall - Grand-Place - 1000 Brussels (Belgium). Website: www.brussels.be - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'User’: every natural person or legal entity in a relationship, of whatever nature, with the City of Brussels via its website.
- 'Telecommunications Act': the act pertaining to various provisions regarding electronic means of communication
Cookies are small data or text files that are stored on your local computer by websites. Such cookies may have different purposes: there are technical cookies (for language settings), session cookies (temporary cookies) and tracking cookies (cookies that follow online behaviour, enabling the website owner to offer users the best possible user experience).
The City of Brussels wants to keep the user informed about the cookies it uses. Cookies help the City of Brussels optimise the visit to its website, to remember technical choices (e.g. a language setting, a newsletter,...).
If the user wants to consult the website of the City of Brussels, the City recommends enabling cookies. If a user does not like this however, he or she is free to disable cookies (see also Managing cookies).
If you want to consult the website of the City of Brussels, the City recommends users to enable cookies on their computer, tablet or mobile phone. If cookies are disabled, the City may not be able to guarantee a smooth visit to its website.
The website uses statistical cookies through Google Analytics to understand how each visitor uses the website exactly. The IP addresses of each visitor are anonymized, as a result of which Google Analytics does not have the IP address.
If a user nevertheless wishes to limit, block or remove cookies from the City of Brussels, he or she can manage the browser settings.
For Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, click on 'Internet Options' in the 'Extra' menu.
- Under the 'Privacy' tab, set the settings to 'low' or 'accept all cookies' (any setting above 'medium' will disable cookies).
- Click on 'OK'.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click on 'Firefox' in the top left corner of the browser and then select 'Options'.
- Under the 'Privacy' tab, make sure 'Tell websites I do not want to be tracked' is not ticked.
- Click on 'OK'.
For Google Chrome
- Click on 'Extra' in the top of your browser window and select 'Options'.
- Under the 'Under the Hood' tab, look for 'Privacy' and select 'Content Settings'.
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'.
- Click on to 'Cog' icon in the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences'.
- Click on 'Security' and then tick the option that says: 'Block cookies from third parties and advertisers'.
- Click 'Save'.
Should you have any questions or comments about cookies after having read this cookies statement, please contact the City of Brussels via email@example.com.