Covid Safe Ticket (CST) in Brussels
Since Friday 15 October 2021, the Covid Safe Ticket (CST) must be used for access to certain events or places in the Brussels Capital Region.
What is a Covid Safe Ticket?
The CST resembles the European Covid certificate. It is intended to protect people's health and keep economic and social life going.
How do I get a Covid Safe Ticket?
There are 3 options:
- a certificate of complete vaccination with a recognized vaccine over 13 days old
- a certificate of a negative PCR test in the last 48 hours or an antigen test (rapid test) in the last 24 hours
- a recovery certificate of up to 180 days old
All certificates can be downloaded with the Covidsafe app.
The vaccination certificate can be sent by post by calling the call centre on 02 214 19 19.
For whom is the Covid Safe Ticket mandatory?
The CST should be used by the visitors/customers of the sectors and events concerned.
- From 16 years: for all sectors and events involved
- From 12 years: for mass events and in residential care facilities for vulnerable persons
- people who have an employment relationship with the manager (of the event)
- consultations in a hospital and any accompanying persons
In which sectors and in which places is the Covid Safe Ticket mandatory?
- Mass events (from 50 people inside and 200 people outside)
- Institutions in the cultural, festive and recreational sector (from 50 people)
- Cafes and restaurants (for customers of indoor restaurants and cafes, for restaurants and conference or exhibition halls of hotels)
- Sports and fitness clubs (indoor and from 200 people outside)
- Trade fairs and congresses
- Residential care facilities for vulnerable persons
- Dancings and night clubs
- for visitors: a fine of 50 to 500 euros
- for organizers: a fine of 50 to 2,500 euros (+ possible administrative sanctions)
- Covid Safe Ticket and Covid certificates (in French)
- FAQ - Covid Safe Ticket (in French)
- FAQ - Covid Safe Ticket (in Dutch)
For the sectors concerned:
- Covid Safe Ticket FAQ: what rules for the relevant sectors in Brussels? (in French, 1819.brussels)
For nursing homes:
- FAQ - CST in nursing homes (in French, Iriscare)