Covid Safe Ticket (CST) in Brussels
The Covid Safe Ticket (CST) must be used for access to certain events or places in the Brussels Capital Region.
What is a Covid Safe Ticket?
The CST resembles the European Covid certificate. It is intended to protect people's health and keep economic and social life going.
How do I get a Covid Safe Ticket?
There are 3 options:
- a certificate of complete vaccination with a recognized vaccine over 13 days old
- a certificate of a negative PCR test in the last 48 hours or an antigen test (rapid test) in the last 24 hours
- a recovery certificate of up to 180 days old
All certificates can be downloaded with the Covidsafe app.
The vaccination certificate can be sent by post by calling the call centre on 02 214 19 19.
For non-European citizens:
For whom is the Covid Safe Ticket mandatory?
The CST should be used by the visitors/customers of the sectors and events concerned.
- From 16 years: for all sectors and events involved
- From 12 years: for mass events and in residential care facilities for vulnerable persons
- people who have an employment relationship with the manager (of the event)
- consultations in a hospital and any accompanying persons
In which sectors and in which places is the Covid Safe Ticket mandatory?
Mass events (from 50 people inside and 100 people outside).
The Covid Safe Ticket and face mask are mandatory for:
- public events and private gatherings with more than 50 people indoors or more than 100 people outdoors
- horeca (including private meetings that take place there)
- theatres, concert halls, music halls, cabarets and other accommodations for performing arts, cultural centres and multifunctional halls for cultural activities, circus (indoor), cinemas, museums and (indoor) amusement and theme parks
- residential care facilities for vulnerable persons
- for visitors: a fine of 50 to 500 euros
- for organizers: a fine of 50 to 2,500 euros (+ possible administrative sanctions)
- Covid Safe Ticket and Covid certificates (in French)
- FAQ - Covid Safe Ticket (in French)
- FAQ - Covid Safe Ticket (in Dutch)
For the sectors concerned:
- Covid Safe Ticket FAQ: what rules for the relevant sectors in Brussels? (in French, 1819.brussels)
For nursing homes:
- FAQ - CST in nursing homes (in French, Iriscare)