European Summit in Brussels on 13 and 14 December 2018
On Thursday 13 and Friday 14 december 2018, a European Summit of the Heads of state and Government of the European Union will be held in Brussels in the buildings of the Council of the European Union, at the Rue de la Loi. A safety zone will be set up. Only authorized persons can enter this zone on foot.
The E40 Reyers Tunnel in the direction of the city centre will be closed from Thursday 13 December at 11:30 am.
The safety zone will be closed on Thursday 13 December (from 12:30 pm) and Friday 14 December:
- Traffic circle Schuman
- Rue Froissart, between the Rue Belliard and the Traffic circle Schuman
- Rue de la Loi, between the Traffic circle Schuman and 'Residence Palace'
- Rue Juste Lipse
- Deliveries will not be possible
- Garbage bags, bicycles and terraces are not allowed within the safety zone
With a vehicle:
- the official delegations, with accreditation from the Council services and/or police forces
- the emergency services
- the residents with an accreditation of the police services (access only via the Avenue d'Auderghem)
- the residents registered within the zone and in possession of their ID card
- the employees and shopkeepers in possession of their ID card and a pass (delivered via their employer)
- persons in possession of a pass and their ID card
The demands are possible via www.polbru.be/eurotop and must be sent electronically to the police station of the European quarter of the Brussels Capital Ixelles police zone, Boulevard Clovis 10 - 1000 Brussels - 02 279 85 36. The passes will be available there from 3 December 2018.
Certain streets will only be accessible for local traffic (above ground there will be a parking ban):
- rue Archimède between the rue Stévin and the rond-point Schuman
- avenue de Cortenberg, between the rue Stévin and the rond-point Schuman
- rue de la Loi, between the avenue de la Joyeuse Entrée and the rond-point Schuman
- avenue d'Auderghem, between the rue Belliard and the rond-point Schuman
- rue Breydel
Parking will also be forbidden:
- in the safety zone
- in the streets with local traffic
- Chaussée d'Etterbeek, between the Rue Belliard and the Rue Van Maerlant
- Rue Van Maerlant
- Rue Belliard, between the Chaussée d'Etterbeek and the Avenue d'Auderghem
The metro rides normally and stops at the Schuman metro station. Certain exits from the station will be closed. The railway station is open.
More information: from Monday till Friday from 8 am till 6 pm and on Saturday from 8 am till noon at 02 279 85 36 or www.polbru.be