Exhibition. Les Lumières de la Ville
From 25 October to 21 December 2018 at various locations in Brussels.
The Mont-de-Piété celebrates its 400th anniversary this year. For this occasion, 6 institutions of the City of Brussels have decided to organize an exhibition in their own location (with the exception of the Agnès Varda photography school) on 400 years of fighting poverty. The exhibition entitled Les Lumières de la Ville (The Lights of the City), highlights both the actions of individuals and those of supporting organizations.
- Mutualité Socialiste du Brabant: exhibition Les colonies de vacances
- Mouvement Ouvrier Chrétien de Bruxelles (MOC): exhibition Pauvres debout, virtual exhibition of 10 audiovisual capsules
- Mont-de-Piété: 400 years of pawn loans in a timeline, presentation of the current activity, exhibition of exceptional objects (assignats, safe, goods lift,...)
- Ecole de Photographie et de Techniques visuelles Agnès Varda: exhibition of photos taken by a student about the fight against homelessness, film screening realized by a teacher on the same theme
- CHU Brugmann: lecture on the theme Health and poverty, historical and current vision of different medical parties (Thursday 8 November at 6 pm), film screening Et vogue la dialyse (Meruzan, 7 years of exile in Brussels 3.330 km from Yerevan, 1,113 dialyses)
- Public Welfare Centre of the City of Brussels (CPAS-OCMW): a permanent exhibition shows the history of institutions for (medical) assistance in the Ancien Régime. A temporary exhibition with numerous archival documents and plans shows the financial support of the Brussels aid institutions to the Mont-de-Piété during the Ancien Régime.
- Les Lumières de la Ville (in French)