Exhibition. The residents speak
This event has already passed
From 4 September to 30 November 2021 at various locations in Brussels.
One hundred years ago, Brussels, Laeken, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Haren merged to form the current City of Brussels, with the Willebroek Canal as the unifying element. Throughout 2021, the event 1921-2021: 100 years in ups and downs will celebrate this anniversary with a lot of culture, folklore and solidarity.
The Museum of the City of Brussels did a research into the identity of the current inhabitants of the three former municipalities: Laeken, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Haren. A selection of the collected testimonials was made on the basis of ten themes (heritage, housing, mobility, education,...). These are the subject of exhibitions in the various cultural centres of the municipalities concerned.
- From 4 to 25 September: GC Nekkersdal, E. Bockstaellaan 107
- From 1 to 31 October: Maison de la Création, Place E. Bockstael
- From 1 to 29 October: GC Nohva, Lendrik, Peter Benoitplein 22
- From 4 to 30 November: Maison de la Création, Place Saint-Nicolas
- From 12 to 30 November: GC De Linde, Kortenbachstraat 7