Gender and Town Planning project call 2022
The Gender and Town Planning project call 2022 aims to raise awareness, study and demonstrate the experience of gender in public space, architecture or urban development.
The City of Brussels is looking for initiatives that can give the City and its policy a boost towards a gender-sensitive approach to urban development. The call addresses projects and initiatives that strive for gender-inclusive spaces in the city. The outcome of the call is open and can range from a concrete intervention on a square to a series of workshops, lectures, an exhibition,...
The call for projects has the following objectives:
- Projects that strive for gender-inclusive public spaces, architecture or urban development in the city
- Projects that work on raising awareness, studying or demonstrating gender perception in public space, architecture or urban development
- Projects that focus on one specific public space in the city or the public space as a whole
The project selection is carried out by a jury of the City of Brussels, composed of one representative of the cabinet of the Alderwoman for Town Planning, one representative of the cabinet of the Alderwoman for Equal Opportunities, specialists from the administration and one external jury member.
The following criteria will be taken into account:
- the contribution of the project to the objectives of the general policy programme of the City of Brussels
- the local and social basis of the project
- the innovative character of the project
- the inclusiveness of the project and cooperation with target groups
- the cost-effectiveness of the project
- the feasibility of the project
- the start-up or implementation of the project in the year 2022
The selected projects will receive a grant from the City (between 1,000 and 80,000 euros) to cover all or part of the financial plan of the proposal as formulated by the association in its application form and within the limits of the budget allocated by the City Council to the project call.
- Until 27 June 2022: submission of applications using the appropriate form
- July 2022: selection of the projects by the jury
- September 2022: adoption of the grant decisions by the City Council of the City of Brussels and official notification of the winners
- Form - Gender and Town Planning project call 2022 (DOCX, 79.94 KB) (in French)
- Form - Gender and Town Planning project call 2022 (DOCX, 74.12 KB) (in Dutch)