Héliport-Anvers sustainable district contract
Héliport-Anvers is the 18th district contract in the City of Brussels.
The City of Brussels and the Region are mobilizing 26 million euros to improve the quality of life of residents and to provide concrete answers at neighborhood level to social challenges and the climate emergency. On the program:
- 25 new social housing units
- extension of the 'eco-crèche' Helihaven (childcare)
- furnishing of the Millénaire community centre
- upgrading of the esplanade of the 'dalle' of the Foyer Laekenois
- strengthening the green network through the redevelopment of the Avenue de l'Héliport (section between the Senne Park and Bolivar)
- securing the intersection Masui - Chaussée d'Anvers
The Héliport-Anvers district contract also includes 16 social, economic and environmental initiatives led by associations and public actors for the residents: youth, education, employment, urban agriculture, cleaning, culture, health and social cohesion. Initiatives aimed at strengthening solidarity, social ties and promoting the development of all.
- Program of the Héliport-Anvers sustainable district contract (PDF, 37.88 MB) (in French)
- Presentation General Assembly (27 January 2021) (PDF, 8.45 MB) (in French and Dutch)
The perimeter of this new district contract extends around the site of the towers with social housing of the Chaussée d'Anvers (Antwerpsesteenweg). The area is bounded to the south by the Boulevard Bolivar (Bolivarlaan), to the east by the border with the municipality of Schaerbeek and the Senne Park, to the north by the Rue Eclusier Cogge and to the west by the Allée Verte (Groendreef).
- Héliport-Anvers perimeter (PDF, 288.95 KB)
To implement the Héliport-Anvers district contract, the City of Brussels brings residents and local stakeholders together by setting up a district committee.
The district committee is an advisory body whose task is to help determine the priorities of the district contract by issuing advice and recommendations and by exchanging information and experiences in the field with one common goal: to develop projects and solutions that are appropriate for the district.
In order to create a district committee that is as diverse as possible, a broad call for candidacy was launched from 4 January to 1 February 2021 in the area around the Héliport-Anvers district via the associations and local partners, via the presence of the services on the site, via a poster campaign and the distribution of flyers, via the website and social networks of the City and during a public information session about the new district contract on 27 January 2021.
A total of 26 applications from residents and 8 applications from associations were submitted.
Based on an analysis, the most representative citizen panel of the district was composed: 17 civil candidates and 8 candidates from associations were nominated by the City Council of the City of Brussels to be part of the Héliport-Anvers district committee.
- Composition of the Héliport-Anvers district committee (PDF, 102.18 KB)
- General principles of the District Committee (PDF, 155.32 KB) (in French)
The Héliport-Anvers district contract benefits from a regional subsidy of 12 million euros.
The City of Brussels will release additional resources to develop an ambitious program.
The year 2021 is devoted to the development of the basic program, which includes a diagnosis of the district, the definition of priorities and an action plan. An environmental impact report is also being prepared to study the impact of the program on the environment of the residents of the neighborhood.
Throughout the year, various opportunities for meetings and exchanges (workshops, exploratory walks, meetings, interviews,...) are organized with local residents and associations.
The program must be approved by the City Council and the Brussels Capital Region by the end of 2021.
The program will start in 2022, over a 50-month period.
The Héliport-Anvers sustainable district contract launches the first edition of the call for citizens' initiatives Made in Héliport-Anvers to support the residents and associations that want to improve life in their neighbourhood.
A support of 500 to 10,000 euros will be made available for the most ambitious and creative projects.
Regulation and form
Download the regulation and fill in the application form, before 17 November 2022 at noon. The regulation and forms are only available in French and Dutch:
- Regulation - 'Made in Héliport-Anvers' call for projects (PDF, 185.65 KB) (in French)
- Form - 'Made in Héliport-Anvers' call for projects (PDF, 187.42 KB) (in French)
- Regulation - 'Made in Héliport-Anvers' call for projects (PDF, 181.55 KB) (in Dutch)
- Form - 'Made in Héliport-Anvers' call for projects (PDF, 287.12 KB) (in Dutch)
- Poster - 'Made in Héliport-Anvers' call for projects (PDF, 5.06 MB) (in French and Dutch)
Make an appointment:
- 02 279 30 85
- 02 279 25 88
The Héliport-Anvers district contract consists of two major components: investments in infrastructure and housing (buildings and public spaces) and support for the socio-economic life in the district. Since January 2021, the City of Brussels has been working with the Citytools consultancy to develop an action program to improve the quality of life in the neighborhood in all its dimensions: public space, housing, support for employment and social life, environment, community facilities,... The studies have already made it possible to establish a diagnosis and thematic priorities for the socio-economic part of the Héliport-Anvers district contract. It is on this basis that the project call is launched here.
This call is addressed to non-profit organizations, public utility foundations, companies with a social purpose, as well as the services of the City and the CPAS of Brussels.
The selected projects will be included in the base file. From 2022, they will receive financial support for four years.
The deadline for the call is 28 June 2021 at noon.
- Regulations (PDF, 419.00 KB)
- Application form (PDF, 521.54 KB)
- Summary form (PDF, 271.82 KB)
- For information:
- Perimeter of the Héliport-Anvers district contract (PDF, 288.95 KB)
- Priority thematic files (PDF, 24.38 MB)
- Regional Practical Guide to Social and Economic Revitalization (PDF, 279.20 KB)
- Standard agreement (DOCX, 126.97 KB)
- Standard activity report (DOC, 177.00 KB)
- Poster - Héliport-Anvers neighbourhood party 2022 (PDF, 12.10 MB) + Programme (PDF, 7.20 MB) (24 September 2022)
- Poster - Héliport-Anvers neighbourhood party 2021 (PDF, 7.33 MB) (25 September 2021)
The video shows the neighborhood party on 25 September 2021 (this video contains spoken text in French and subtitles in French and Dutch):
The publications of the Héliport-Anvers district contract are only available in Dutch and French.