Horeca - licence request (sale of hard liquor)

Any hospitality establishment that wishes to sell spirits must obtain a permit called a 'patente' from the Mayor, in accordance with the law of 28 December 1983 on the licence for the sale of spirits.


Be in possession of:

  • a certificate of conformity
  • a criminal record extract 598.1.8 (certificate of good character) for the operator, all managers, active partners and, where applicable, employees

How to apply?

By appointment, at the counter of the Administrative Centre of the City of Brussels, to be made:


Free of charge