Kids-ID - ID card for children
The Kids-ID is the electronic ID card for Belgian children aged 0 to 12 years. Although it is not mandatory, it is increasingly requested. The Kids-ID, which is valid for three years, is mandatory for all trips abroad, in countries where the identity card is sufficient as a travel document.
How to apply?
- Make an appointment (except for the collection of ID cards)
- By one of the persons exercising the parental authority on the child, the presence of the child is required at the counter
- A recent photo, in accordance with standards
- Old Kids-ID
- 9 euros (normal procedure)
- 120 euros (urgent procedure)
- 150 euros (very urgent procedure)
- payment preferably with Bancontact
- 2 to 3 weeks (normal procedure)
- 2 working days if the application is made before 15h (in urgent procedure)
- 1 working day if the application is made before 15h (in very urgent procedure)