Municipal elections of 14 October 2018
The municipal elections allow the citizens to elect the members of the municipal council of their municipality. These elections take place on the 2nd Sunday of October.
More info about the 2018 municipal elections in the Brussels Capital Region:
The City of Brussels will send you your voting card for the elections in the course of September.
The free number 0800 200 35 of the Demography Department is available to voters:
- who have lost their ID card (required to vote)
- who have lost their voting card
- whose voting card has not arrived
- who are confronted with any problem surrounding the voting cards
- who want to give a proxy to another voter
If you can not present yourself at the polling station on the day of the vote, you can appoint another voter to vote in your place by proxy (your authorized representative).
- Each other voter can be appointed as the authorized representative. Each authorized representative may only have one proxy.
- You are a voter and you can not go to the polling station on the day of the municipal elections because you are temporarily staying abroad for private reasons: the impossibility to come to the polling station is determined by the Mayor of your place of residence or his representative after you submitted the necessary supporting documents. When the Mayor accepts the application, he delivers a P2 form for that purpose. You can go to the Administrative Centre, Boulevard Anspach 6 (2nd floor) - 1000 Brussels. Phone: 0800 200 35.
The Electoral Affairs Service of the City of Brussels is exceptionally open to the public on the 2nd floor of the Administrative Centre (Boulevard Anspach 6 - 1000 Brussels):
- from Monday to Wednesday from 8:30 am to 3 pm, Thursday from 8:30 am to 6 pm, Friday from 8:30 am to 12 pm
- Saturday 13 October 2018 from 9 am to 4 pm only for citizens who have not received their voting card and for citizens who wish to have the form P2 'proxy for temporary stay abroad' filled in by the municipality
- Sunday 14 October 2018 from 9 am till noon only for citizens who have not received their voting card
- Agenda - Demonstrations of electronic voting (PDF, 298.23 KB) (in French and Dutch)
Next video shows the electronic voting procedure (the video is in French with subitles in French):