New 30 km zones at Laeken
The City of Brussels has decided to extend the 30 km zones in several neighborhoods of Laeken to improve the quality of life and ensure better road safety. These zones will be effective at the beginning of September 2018.
The quarters concerned are:
- the Marie-Christine quarter (perimeter demarcated by the Rue Stéphanie, Avenue de la Reine, Rue Claessens, Rue Dieudonné Lefevre, Boulevard Emile Bockstael)
- the quarter around the Square Prince Léopold and the rue Richard Neybergh (perimeter demarcated by the Boulevard Emile Bockstael, Belgica and De Smet de Nayer)
- the triangle quarter bounded by the Rue Heysel, Avenue Houba de Strooper, Boulevard Jean Sobieski
- the quarter bounded by the Avenue Stiénon, Avenue Houba de Strooper, Avenue Rommelaere, Avenue Ernest Masoin, Boulevard De Smet de Nayer
In a first step, these 30 km zones will be realized using the appropriate signboards. These signs are being placed and the zones will be effective at the beginning of September 2018.
- Map - 30 km zones at Laeken (PDF, 29.11 MB)