New call for interest for the Wollekes
To offer less polluting alternatives to patio or terrace heaters, the City of Brussels proposes a sustainable solution adapted to bar and restaurant terraces: the 'Wolleke', a cross between a totebag and a comfortable and practical blanket. Following the success of the first call, the City is making new lots of blankets available. The deadline for applications is midnight on 15 February 2023.
For this 2nd call, the City gives priority to bars and restaurants (Horeca) that were not selected during the 1st call.
Conditions for participation?
To participate in the project, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a cafe or restaurant on the territory of the City of Brussels
- Have a licence to place a terrace on the public road / street frontage
- Make the Wollekes available to their customers free of charge for the duration of the test (from February to April 2023)
- Use and manage the equipment provided by the City of Brussels responsibly
- Not using any patio heaters (gas or electricity) throughout the test period
- Provide feedback at the end of the test period via a form provided by the City of Brussels
- Return the equipment at the end of the test period if it is not used in the next winter season (in order to redistribute it)
How to participate?
To participate in the action, please request your participation form:
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 02 279 22 60
Or download the participation form:
- in Word: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt - projet pilote d'alternative aux chaufferettes de terrasse (DOCX, 1.15 MB) (in French)
- in PDF : Appel à manifestation d'intérêt - projet pilote d'alternative aux chaufferettes de terrasse (PDF, 371.23 KB) (in French)
Applications will close on 15 February 2023.
If you are selected in this call, please make sure that you collect the covers within the time limit. If you fail to do so, the blankets will be distributed to the following candidates.
Flyer - Keep your customers warm! (PDF, 1.04 MB) (in French and Dutch)