Organ and human body material donation
You can register 4 decisions regarding the 'donation of human body material after death' (such as organ donation) at the municipality. You must be living in Belgium for 6 months and be able to express your will.
Citizens can register 4 decisions at the municipality:
- organ donation for transplantation
- donation of human body material for transplantation
- donation of human body material for the making of medicines
- donation of human body material for research
Citizens can also register their will:
This statement is no longer registered in the National Register, but in an application of the FPS Public Health.
How to apply?
- online via My Health: Ma santé (in French) + Mijn gezondheid (in Dutch)
- at the counter (report in person), without appointment
- Declaration of will regarding the removal of human body material after death (PDF, 113.54 KB) (in French)
- ID card