Organising an event in Brussels
Organizers of events or activities can use the public places in the City. The municipality must give a permit for the temporary occupation of a public space.
The request must be made at least 6 weeks before the event via:
Event permit application form (DOCX, 172.63 KB) (in French)
Remark: the organisation of a demonstration is not part of events, it requires a special demand at the police.
The form can be used for the application for different types of events and activities in public places:
- show (theatre, circus arts)
- party (neighborhood party,...)
- sports activities
- exhibition and art
- flea market (brocante), rummage sales, market, fair
- sale in public space
- sensitization action (stand, distribution or leaflets or flyers, collection, ...)
- promotion action
- TV or film recordings
- letting go of balloons
- fireworks (pyrotechnic effects)
Depending on availability and under certain conditions, the City of Brussels may provide the organiser with podiums, tents, chairs, nadar barriers,...
The organiser must follow the following procedures:
- Ban on disposable plastic products at events
- Management of copyright and related rights
- Advice and supervision from the fire brigade (DBDMH-SIAMU) and from an aggregate organisation for the installation and implantation plan
- Surveillance (aggregated by the Minister of the Interior)
- Transport and mobility: reservation of parking places at the police, diversion of public transport (STIB and/or De Lijn), mobility plan during an event of 3000 or more people
- Road interventions: pressure on the road surface, access and information to residents, traders,...
- Electricity: opening of an electric temporary counter, shutting down public lighting and/or activating festive lighting on the Grand-Place
- Water supply (Vivaqua)
- Cleaning: maintenance plan for cleaning the site or cleaning by the cleaning services of the City of Brussels (specifications)
- Publicity activities and facilities (taxes)
- Display (on specific panels - City of Brussels display network, distribution of printed material in the public domain)
- Certain activities require the advice of the fire brigade (DBDMH-SIAMU). This request must be attached to the form for the occupation of public spaces.
- Sanitary facilities: installation at the expense of the organiser of the required facilities or with the agreement of the managers of the cafes and/or restaurants)
If you wish to organize your event in a regional park on the territory of the City, it is necessary to obtain the agreement of Bruxelles Environnement which manages these parks:
External site Organise an event in a green space (in French, Bruxelles Environnement)
When broadcasting amplified sound, take note of the Amplified Sound Decree:
External site Electronically amplified sound (in French)
Practical guide to organizing outdoor events that are accessible to persons with reduced mobility: