Placing a climber on the facade
The City of Brussels helps its inhabitants with the placement of a climbing plant on the facade. This free service is reserved for residents of the City of Brussels (postal codes 1000, 1020, 1120, 1130).
A climbing plant that covers the facade of a building offers many advantages. It contributes to:
- the protection against moisture of the facade
- better thermal and sound insulation of the building
- microclimate improvement: cooling and humidifying the air around the building
- the air purification: collecting dust and pollutants through the leaves
- the enrichment of biodiversity: food source and shelter for insects and birds
- strengthening the 'Green Network'
- beautifying the area
Help with the placement?
If you want to make the street facade of your house green, the Green Spaces Service can help you with:
- the preparation of the plant pit at the the facade (removal of the pavement or paving stones)
- the delivery and placement of the plant, to be selected from about twenty species that are useful for biodiversity (see list), depending on the available stock
- the placement, if necessary, of a protection around the plant
How to apply?
Send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The form and list of plants are only available in Dutch and French.