What is the new citizen portal?
The citizen portal is a new platform that replaces the old e-desk and offers every resident of the City of Brussels his or her 'secure personal online space'.
Since 25 June 2021, this citizen portal provides direct access to 5 procedures that are regularly carried out by the City:
- Population certificates (family composition, residence, life,...) that were already available online via the e-desk
But also, and that's new:
- Criminal Record Extracts
- Extracts from Civil Registry certificates (birth, marriage, divorce,... certificates)
- Requesting PIN codes for ID cards
and finally :
- Asking for greening of the public space (facades, roofs, flowers and plants in containers, at the foot of trees,...)
And that's just the beginning. Over time, the portal will expand and personalize its catalog. In the long run it will provide access to a large number of the City's products in just a few clicks.
Why a new tool?
This tool is part of the BXL20/21 smart city project, which includes a series of initiatives, the most visible of which is undoubtedly the future Administrative Centre. Each of these initiatives aims to:
- the reception and handling of requests from citizens
- the effectiveness of working methods
- the well-being of the staff
Your personal space at your fingertips
To get a taste of the City of tomorrow, go to the citizen portal to easily create your secure personal space (using your electronic ID card and an e-ID reader or the itsme application) and obtain your first documents online.