Questions about the coronavirus?
The new coronavirus (Covid-19) today affects all of Europe. The Belgian health authorities are vigilant for the virus in our country. The Federal Public Health Service has collected all information about the virus on the website www.info-coronavirus.be.
The FAQ (frequently asked questions) are regularly updated there, under the supervision of a committee of experts and virologists. More info:
- on the website: Coronavirus COVID-19
- on Twitter: SPF Santé publique (in French) + FOD Volksgezondheid (in Dutch)
- on Facebook: Service Public Fédéral Santé publique, Sécurité de la Chaîne alimentaire et Environnement (in French) + FOD Volksgezondheid, Veiligheid van de Voedselketen en Leefmilieu (in Dutch)
- the free number: 0800 14 689
Measures in Brussels?
Residents of Brussels can also visit the following website for information about hygiene measures and specific measures in Brussels:
- Official site about the coronavirus (by the Brussels Capital Region, in French and Dutch)
How to protect yourself against viruses?
A number of simple measures help avoid the spread of flu viruses, coronaviruses or other viruses:
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Use a new paper tissue every time and throw it away in a lockable garbage can.
- Don't have a handkerchief with you? Cough or sneeze in the inside of your elbow.
- Stay home if you are sick.