Registrations school year 2018-2019
The procedure of registration for schools in the City of Brussels is different according to the language of the school: Dutch-language or French-language.
The recording of all the demands of registrations for the French-language schools (nursery and primary teaching) is centralized at the Department of Public Education and is done by telephone at:
- 0800 99 855, from Monday till Friday from 8:30 am till 1 pm
The demands of registration are registered in order of arrival and take place in 3 phases:
1. From 1 till 22 December 2017, registration following the order of arrival of the priority pupils by telephone
Priority pupils are those who:
- have a brother/sister who frequents the same school
- are in a reception class of the nursery school for the registration of the 1st nursery school in the same school (automatic registration, you do not have to phone)
- are in 3rd nursery school in the school where they want to be registered for the 1st primary
Remark: the registrations for the priority children must be made necessarily and exclusively from 1 till 22 December 2017, otherwise the priority will be lost.
From 8 January 2018, the school will contact the parents to confirm and formalize the definitive registration.
2. From 8 till 31 January 2018, all the demands of registration are registered according to the order of arrival by telephone
- the parents are informed at once if their child is in order or on a waiting list
- from the beginning of February 2018, the school will contact the parents to proceed to the definitive registration
3. From 1 February 2018, the demands of registration will be registered in schools following the order of arrival
- the parents are obliged to appear at the fixed meeting with the school to proceed to the definitive registration of the child, otherwise the demand of registration will be cancelled and the child will not be registered
Remark: in case of impossibility to appear at the meeting, the parents will have to address the direction of the establishment to obtain a mandate form.
Registrations in Dutch-language schools are the same for the whole Brussels Capital Region. Following rules apply:
- 6 to 17 November 2017: brothers and sisters will be registered at the same school. Also children of staff of the school can be registered at the same school.
- 8 January to 2 February 2018: parents must register their children at www.inschrijveninbrussel.be.
Registration for the secondary Dutch-language schools of the City of Brussels will take place via the website: