Registrations school year 2023-2024
The procedure of registration for schools in the City of Brussels is different according to the language of the school: Dutch-language or French-language.
The City of Brussels has French-language schools and Dutch-language schools. The procedure of inscription for both differ.
French-language nursery and primary schools
For the French-language schools of the City of Brussels, the registrations take place in 3 phases:
- Phase 1: from 28 November to 23 December 2022, registration of priority pupils by telephone
- Phase 2: from 9 to 31 January 2023, registration of non-priority pupils are recorded in order of arrival by telephone or via the IRISbox electronic counter
- Phase 3: from 1 February 2023, late registration requests should be sent to the schools
More info: Registrations school year 2023-2024 (in French)
French-language secondary schools
Between 6 February and 10 March 2023, parents of pupils in Brussels will be able to enrol their child in the first year of secondary school.
You will have to fill in the 'FUI', the Single Registration Form, issued by your child's primary school.
More info: External site Enrolment in 1st year secondary (in French)
Registrations in Dutch-language schools are the same for the whole Brussels Capital Region.
Dutch-language nursery and primary schools
- 9 to 20 January 2023: parents must enrol siblings of enrolled pupils directly in the school. Children of school staff are also enrolled at the school.
- 28 February to 21 March 2023: parents have to register their child at External site Inschrijven in Brussel
Dutch-language secondary schools
More info on registrations in Dutch-language secondary schools: External site Inschrijven in Brussel