Registrations school year 2024-2025
The procedure of registration for schools in the City of Brussels is different according to the language of the school: Dutch-language or French-language.
French-language nursery and primary schools
For the French-language schools of the City of Brussels, the registrations take place in 3 phases:
- Phase 1: from 4 to 22 December 2023, registration of priority pupils by telephone
- Phase 2: from 8 to 31 January 2024, registration of non-priority pupils are recorded in order of arrival by telephone or via the IRISbox electronic counter
- Phase 3: from 1 February 2024, late registration requests should be sent to the schools
More info: Registrations school year 2024-2025 (in French)
French-language secondary schools
Between 29 January and 16 February 2024, parents of pupils in Brussels will be able to enrol their child in the first year of secondary school.
You will have to fill in the 'FUI', the Single Registration Form, issued by your child's primary school.
More info: External site Enrolment in 1st year secondary (in French)
Registrations in Dutch-language schools are the same for the whole Brussels Capital Region.
Dutch-language nursery and primary schools
- 8 to 19 January 2024: parents must register siblings of enrolled pupils online. Children of school staff are also registered online at External site Inschrijven in Brussel
- 24 January to 7 February 2024: enroll registered siblings and children of staff.
- 27 February to 19 March 2024: parents have to register their child at External site Inschrijven in Brussel
- 22 April to 13 May 2024: enroll your registered child.
- 23 May 2024: free registrations
Dutch-language secondary schools
More info on registrations in Dutch-language secondary schools: External site Inschrijven in Brussel