Research on the upper and lower town connection
The City of Brussels launches a study to draw up a master plan which rethinks the public space around the North-South connection. The goal is to better connect the upper and lower city.
It concerns the following zone:
- Boulevard Pacheco
- from the Central Station to the Sablon
- and adjacent streets
Together with the Bouwmeester - Maître Architecte, the City of Brussels launches a study to develop an urban planning vision for this entire zone. At the same time, a number of squares are being renovated immediately.
The master plan includes a diagnosis of the existing situation (public space and mobility) and a vision of challenges and opportunities in the perimeter:
- improve the quality and readability of the public spaces in the perimeter and make them greener
- strengthen the soft mobility between the upper and lower city and thus generate a more natural flow between the two city districts
- develop a global and coherent identity for this part of the Pentagon
Central Station and Place de l'Albertine?
In addition, the engineering office must immediately draw up detailed plans for the redesign of the public space around the:
- Central Station (intersection between the rue Cantersteen, Rue de la Putterie, Rue du Cardinal Mercier, Rue de Loxum, Rue des Paroissiens, Rue des Colonies, Rue du Marché au Bois, Rue de la Montagne du Parc, Rue de la Chancellerie, Rue des Douze Apôtres and Rue Ravenstein (to the Rue Baron Horta))
- Place de l'Albertine (and the connection with the Mont des Arts at the Boulevard de l'Empereur)
- From the upper town to the lower town (Bouwmeester - Maître Architecte)