Traffic safety changes at the Rue du Champ de Mars
The road markings, traffic circulation and road signs at the Rue du Champ de Mars, the Rue de l'Esplanade and the Rue de Hornes are being changed.
- Rue du Champ de Mars:
- Construction of a bicycle path in the opposite direction
- Construction of crosswalks
- Placement of flower boxes to avoid cut-through driving in the neighborhood and to increase public space near the park
- The Rue de l'Esplanade will be a one-way street from the Rue du Trône to the Rue du Champ de Mars
- Pedestrian crossing at the Rue de Hornes
The circulation changes, but the streets remain accessible to all road users.
- For a safer neighborhood for pedestrians and cyclists. The Rue du Champ de Mars is an important bicycle axis between the Rue du Trône and Porte de Namur that could be safer.
- To prevent cut-through driving.