Transfer of certificates from abroad
As a Belgian registered at the City of Brussels you have the option to transfer a foreign certificate of the Civil Registry (birth and marriage), which relates to you, to the records of the Civil Registry. It is possible to get a 'marriage booklet' in the context of a transfer of a marriage certificate.
The service is available:
- by phone on 02 279 34 50
- or by e-mail: email@example.com
How to apply?
Only by appointment:
- Make an appointment online
- or by telephone on 02 279 22 11
- ID document (+ mandate and a copy of the identity document of the person concerned if the application is made by a third party)
- Original certificate, possibly translated by a certified translator and legalized by apostille if necessary
- 50 euro (payment preferably with Bancontact)
- 25 euro for the marriage booklet
- One month