Stephenson-Reine Urban renewal contract
The Stephenson-Reine Urban renewal contract, approved on 7 July 2022, covers an area of 150 hectares in the City of Brussels and the municipality of Schaerbeek. Participation and co-construction will be organised around consultation tables, stands and participatory walks.
The Stephenson-Reine Urban renewal contract aims to examine the residential and mixed neighbourhoods to the west of the Royal Domain and to the east of the railway line, the major road and rail transport infrastructures and the industrial pockets that make up this area (Rue Marie-Christine, Rue Masui, Quai des Usines, Place Colignon,...).
The emphasis will therefore be on urban networking and the creation of facilities contributing to the city's economic and ecological transition.
The programme will be drawn up between January 2023 and January 2024. This will be followed by the execution phase (setting up the projects), between 2025 and 2030, and the implementation phase up to 2033.
The aim of the neighbourhood diagnosis is to identify the priorities and challenges for the neighbourhoods. It is on this basis that the programme of operations and actions will then be drawn up.
Opportunities for participation and co-construction are organised around consultation tables, stands and participatory walks. The next scheduled events:
- 7 June 2023 from 8h to 13h. Masui Market, Chaussée d'Anvers - 1000 Brussels
- 7 June 2023 from 13h to 19h. Place Masui - 1030 Schaerbeek
- 8 June 2023 from 11h to 19h. De Trooz/Monument au Travail - Rue Claessens - 1020 Brussels
- 9 June 2023 from 11h to 19h. Docks - Boulevard Lambermont - 1000 Brussels
- 12 June 2023 from 11h to 19h. Rue Marie-Christine (in front of the 'Athénée Royal de la Rive Gauche') - 1020 Brussels
- From 20 to 22 September 2023. 3 project walks
External site Stephenson-Reine Urban renewal contract (Perspective.brussels, in French and Dutch)