Van Praet zone
What is it about?
The surroundings of the Avenues Van Praet, Croix du Feu and Croix de Guerre and the Chaussée de Vilvorde will soon offer the inhabitants of Neder-Over-Heembeek a connection with the canal and the industrial zone. The project also includes a new secondary school, a nursery, housing and 5 ha of green space.
The project goes together with the project of the tram for Neder-Over-Heembeek, the redevelopment of the intersection of the Avenue des Croix du Feu and the Chaussée de Vilvorde and the redevelopment of the quays up to the Brussels Royal Yacht Club (BRYC). All this with the ambition to also create extra green space.
Thanks to these changes, the quality of life in the area will greatly improve and a new, pleasant, sustainable and lively neighborhood can emerge at this pivot point. The new quarter will thus give a new face to the canal and the rest of the city.
- Brusseleir from September 2021 (PDF, 4.89 MB) (in French, pages 4 to 7)
- Van Praet: info moment presentations of 23 June 2021 (in French)
- A new quarter for the Van Praet zone - minutes of the consultative evening of 14 January 2021 (in French)
- A new quarter for the Van Praet zone - closure of the study (in French)
- A new quarter for the Van Praet zone - closure of phase 3 (in French)
- A new quarter for the Van Praet zone - closure of phase 2 (in French)
- A new quarter for the Van Praet zone (in French)