Persons of foreign nationality, coming from a country other than a member state of the European Economic Space or Switzerland, must generally be in possession of a work permit in order to work in Belgium.
The Population Service legalizes the 'Information sheet' that serves for the application for a work permit at the Brussels Regional Public Service, that is responsible for applications from individuals who live or work in the Brussels Capital Region.
The Population Service also delivers the work permit.
How to apply?
- At the counter
- Residence document (+ mandate and a copy of the residence permit if the application is made by a third party)
- For the legalization of the 'Information sheet': the completed and signed 'Information sheet'
- For the delivery of the work permit: the convocation of the Population Service + 1 photo
- 10 euros for the legalization of the 'Information sheet' (payment preferably with Bancontact)
- Free for the delivery of the work permit
- Immediately before the legalization of the 'Information sheet'
- 6 weeks after submitting the legalized 'Information sheet' at the Brussels Regional Public Service, for the work permit