Works at the Rue Haute
Works will be carried out at the Rue Haute - Hoogstraat (Marolles quarter) from 1 February to 30 April 2019. These works will be carried out in different phases.
The works are carried out by Sibelga to improve the connections to the electricity grid and to renew certain cables. Vivaqua and Proximus use the yard to also carry out minor adaptations on their networks. The works are absolutely necessary for the proper functioning of the neighborhood.
Phases of the works
The yard is located between the intersections of the Rue des Renards/Rue du Faucon and Rue Christine/Rue de la Porte Rouge. The 5 phases of the works:
- February: intersection Rue des Renards/Rue du Faucon
- February-March: from the intersection Rue des Renards to the intersection Rue des Capucins/Rue de l'Eventail
- March-April: from the intersection Rue des Capucins/Rue de l'Éventail to the intersection Rue Saint-Ghislain
- April: from the intersection Rue Saint-Ghislain to the intersection Rue du Miroir
- April: from the intersection Rue du Miroir to the intersection Rue Christine + Rue de la Porte Rouge
A storage area is necessary for the smooth running of the yard. It will be located between the Rue de l'Épée and the Rue Notre-Dame de Grâces.
Furthermore, until 15 June 2019, connections are made at regular intervals in front of shops and houses. For the execution of these works, the pavement must be opened, for a maximum of one day.
Traffic, parking and garages?
The shops remain open for the entire duration of the works, but traffic will be hindered.
During each phase of the works the road will be closed for vehicles from 7 am to 3 pm. The road will be open each day after 3 pm and during the weekend.
Parking will be prohibited in the construction areas.
For the residents, the garages will remain accessible during the works. The waste collection will not be changed.
Bus lines will be diverted during the works at the Rue Haute:
Do not hesitate to regularly consult this page to follow the progress of the works and to view the latest traffic plans.
For all questions about the execution of the works:
- 0800 117 46