This page has been automatically translated from French into English by a translation software. Automatic translations are not as accurate as translations made by professional human translators. Nevertheless these pages can help you understand information published by the City of Brussels.
An extract from the certificates of civil status is a certified copy of the certificate (birth, marriage, divorce, death) or judgment (nationality) transcribed into the records of the Civil Registry.
How to apply?
- At the e-Desk
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail
- At the counters of the Administrative Centre of the City of the City of Brussels and the liaison offices of Laeken and North-East
- ID document (+ mandate and a copy of the identity document of the person concerned if the application is made by a third party)
If the certificate is to serve in Belgium:
- 3 days for a request by e-mail
- immediately at the counter
If the certificate is to serve abroad:
- 5 days at the counter
- 7 working days for a request by e-mail
Registry Office (Civil status)
Boulevard Anspach 6
Tel. : 02 279 34 35
Telephone hours : from Monday till Friday from 8:30 am till 4 pm
More information : Attention: due to works, the service will move to counters 11 to 20 at the 2nd floor from 6 February to 29 March 2017.
Liaison office in Laeken
Boulevard Emile Bockstael 246
1020 Brussels (Laeken)
Tel. : 02 279 37 02
Fax : 02 279 37 08
Opening hours : from Monday to Wednesday from 8:30 am till noon and from 1:30 pm till 3:30 pm, Thursday from 8:30 am till noon, Friday from 8:30 am till noon and from 1:30 pm till 3:30 pm (if it's busy, the distribution of tickets can be stopped half an hour before closing)
More information : Driving licence only by appointment.
Liaison Office Northeast District
Rue Van Campenhout 16
Tel. : 02 736 04 78
Fax : 02 736 41 95
Opening hours : on Tuesday and Thursday from 1:45 pm till 3:15 pm
Telephone hours : on Tuesday and Thursday from 1:45 pm till 3:30 pm