Extract of Civil Registry certificates
An extract from the certificates of civil status is a certified copy of the certificate (birth, marriage, death, recognition, nationality) or judgment (divorce, adoption or descent) transcribed into the records of the Civil Registry.
How to apply?
- At the e-Desk
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By mail
- At the counters of the Administrative Centre of the City of the City of Brussels and the liaison offices of Laeken and North-East
- ID document (+ mandate and a copy of the identity document of the person concerned if the application is made by a third party)
If the certificate is to serve in Belgium:
- 3 days for a request by e-mail
- immediately at the counter
If the certificate is to serve abroad:
- 5 days at the counter
- 7 working days for a request by e-mail