Brussels Water Days 2019
This event has already passed
From 17 to 24 March 2019, at several places in Brussels.
Bruxelles Environnement (Leefmilieu Brussel) focuses on water in the capital during the Brussels Water Days. On the program: guided walks along water courses, events about water and along the waterfront,...
The City of Brussels participates with next events:
- Sunday 17 March. Guided walk in the Maelbeek valley 2 (continuation of the Maelbeek walk of last year). Departure: Jardins du Maelbeek (entrance Rue de la Loi), end: Josaphat Park, via the Square Marie-Louise. From 10 am to 1 pm, with Christiane Bilteryst from the Cercle des Guides nature du Brabant.
- Sunday 24 March. Appointment at the water Brussels - Canal (Vivaldi boat, Quai des Péniches)
- 13h. Aperitif and pleasant conversations at the water
- 13h-17h. Events, boat trips on the canal and guided walks (visit of the manure pit, history and future of the Senne), Pedagogic Maximilian Farm (aquaponics, purification station and water management)
- Sunday 24 March. Meeting at the Sewer Museum (Porte d'Anderlecht)
- 10h-12h30. Urban footprints workshop, based on sewer plates. Please bring along a t-shirt and a tote bag that you can customize.
- 14h-17h (continuously). Meeting with the museum guides
- 14h30-15h30. Urban footprints workshop, based on sewer plates
- 15h30. The sea starts here, creative, participative parade. Attract the attention of passers-by by placing stencils next to the gullies, surrounded by artists. Why? To recall the link between sewers and the sea. A playful hint to encourage Brussels residents not to throw anything into the sewers. Starts at: Sewer Museum, ends at: GardeRobe MannekenPis.
Ages 6 and above
Price: free entrance and activities (booking not required)