Working at the City of Brussels
The staff of the City of Brussels dedicate their careers to produce a quality service to the citizens in very different professions: nanny, nurse, engineer, architect, lawyer, office clerk,...
You are invited to create a profile with your personal details so that the City can keep you informed of any interesting positions. New vacancies will be sent to you based on the category of the job or the position in which you wish to work.
The most effective method is to regularly review the job offers and apply directly for the job that interests you, attaching the requested documents and information. If you do not find an interesting job and want to send an open application, apply here:
In addition to your CV, do not forget to attach a copy of your highest diploma and a cover letter, so that the City will better understand your application. The City will then contact you if your application is of interest to it with a view to recruitment.
Jobs at the municipal administration
Public Education jobs
Other current job offers
Bravvo (Prevention Service)
CPAS-OCMW (Public Welfare Centre)
- Salary simulator (in French and Dutch)
- Code of ethics (PDF, 458.40 KB)
Working with a handicap
The City has a policy of diversity, non-discrimination and equal opportunities and is primarily looking for talent. Candidates with a disability should attach next form to their application:
- Form spontaneous candidature disabled (DOC, 863.50 KB) (Word in Dutch)
- Form spontaneous candidature disabled (PDF, 65.07 KB) (PDF in Dutch)
- Form spontaneous candidature disabled (DOC, 863.00 KB) (Word in French)
- Form spontaneous candidature disabled (PDF, 65.56 KB) (PDF in French)
The coordinator of the integration plan looks at the CVs and sees how the workplace of the candidate can be adapted to the disability. He takes care of the candidate during the entire selection process and follows him during the first months after his appointment.
The City of Brussels recruits students for different jobs during the school holidays.
Road Works and Public Heritage
During the summer months, student jobs are available in July and August. These student jobs concern 2 departments: the Department of Road Works and the Department of Public Heritage. Registrations close on 19 May 2022.
You can register via the online form:
- Registration form for a student job (summer) (in French and Dutch)
Bravvo, the Prevention Service, is recruiting students for the months of July and August 2022. The students' main task will be to accompany the peacekeepers or stewards on their rounds. More information and registration:
- Student jobs - summer 2022 (in French)
The Jeugd in Brussel association searches youth leaders for the Dutch-language holiday camps of the City of Brussels. More info:
- Animatoren (VGC)
The Jeunesse à Bruxelles association searches youth leaders for the French-language youth activities of the City of Brussels:
The City of Brussels ensures that each year many students can enrich their academic knowledge through an internship at the City. If you are interested in a trainee period, you can send your resume and a letter via an online form.
- Rapport annuel 2020 - Ressources humaines (PDF, 3.12 MB) (in French)
- Rapport annuel 2019 - Ressources humaines (PDF, 2.14 MB) (in French)
- Rapport annuel 2018 - Ressources humaines (PDF, 5.56 MB) (in French)
- Rapport annuel 2017 - Ressources humaines (PDF, 6.63 MB) (in French)
- Rapport annuel 2016 - Ressources humaines (PDF, 7.37 MB) (in French)
More info on employment and training in Brussels: