Grants for sports clubs
Associations and sports clubs located on the territory of the City of Brussels, and which carry out their main activities on the territory of the City, can receive grants.
There are 3 types of grants:
- Operating grants: for the operation and day-to-day management of the club
- Investment grants: for the purchase of sports equipment that lasts longer than 5 years
- Specific grants: for an exceptional sports event that enhances the image and sporting character of the City of Brussels
To apply for grants, the sports club or association must:
- be a non-profit legal person (non-profit organization or de facto association)
- organize the main part of its activities on the territory of the City of Brussels (Brussels, Laeken, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Haren)
- have a headquarters on the same territory (exception allowed for clubs that have been using the sports infrastructure of the City for years, or clubs with sports that are not offered by a club with headquarters on the territory)
- offer activities that promote sport for young people, women, people with disabilities or seniors
The grants are awarded on the basis of objective criteria, taking into account:
- the number of associate members, taking into account the number of members residing on the territory of the City of Brussels
- the number of youth (under 18 years) and the promotion of sports for women
- accessibility for athletes with reduced mobility or disabilities
- the number of qualified / certified trainers active in the club
- the annual membership fee requested
For team sports, the number of teams registered in competition is being looked at.
Applications must be submitted to the Sports Service or the Alderman of Sports.
The club must submit a fully completed and signed application form, along with the necessary supporting documents.
If it concerns an investment subsidy, it is recommended to add the quotation for the purchase or works concerned.
If it concerns a specific subsidy, the project must be described thoroughly, the target audience and the added value for the City must be discussed.
Deadline: an application for operating grants must be submitted before 15 November of the year in which the season starts (example: 15 November 2020 for the 2020-2021 season).
Files submitted after this date are no longer eligible for an operating grant.
The application forms are only available in Dutch and French.