In the Streets
This event has already passed
From 14 July to 14 August 2022 in the centre of Brussels.
The In the Streets event offers free (sporting, cultural and artistic) activities in the streets of Brussels this summer:
- Thursday to Sunday: Play Up and Play Down, two city villages with urban sports and other summer activities
- 7 days a week: Walk, an artistic route connecting these two villages with 5 original art installations and several existing routes (Street Art and Comic Book Route, murals and other works)
- Friday to Sunday: Vibe, a music festival on 5 iconic stairs in the city centre
Two city sports villages highlight some of the new disciplines at the 2024 Olympics:
- Play Up, on the slopes of the Law Courts: climbing walls, an XXL parkour, a face painting stand, workshops and entertainment for children, a 'guinguette',...
- Play Down, at the Place De Brouckère: with a 500 m² roller skate track, a giant pumptrack course, an educational park, a 'guinguette' and a relaxation zone. Specialists from various disciplines will give demonstrations and initiations on certain days. The rest of the time, the facilities remain free of charge. Each weekend, special attention is paid to an urban activity.
Five artists or collectives take over the city centre, highlighting the identity of some of the most commercial neighbourhoods of Brussels.
The new artistic installations mark out a route linking the various locations of the event: three 3D works on the ground (at the Carrefour de l'Europe, Tour Noire and the Place du Grand Sablon) and two in the air (Rue des Pierres and Rue Haute).
Vibe is an urban music festival on 5 iconic stages of Brussels: almost 130 free concerts on the Mont des Arts, Place de l'Espagne, in front of the Cathedral of Saint Michael and Saint Gudula, at the Rue de l'Épée and Rue Baron Horta.