Other useful animal welfare information
Other useful information on animal welfare in Brussels.
Free veterinary care
The Prince Laurent Foundation believes that everyone has the right to share their daily life with a pet, especially those in a vulnerable situation. By caring for pets free of charge, the Foundation simultaneously gives hope and support to their owners.
Do you own a pet and want free veterinary care? Then check if you meet the External site eligibility requirements.
People with limited financial resources (maximum 2 pets per family). Please note: consult the External site eligibility conditions.
Cost (per pet)?
- 20 euros per year: consultations, vaccinations, sterilisation and other operations included
- 20 euros per identification (if not yet chipped)
How to register?
- Send the necessary documents by e-mail to the dispensary of your choice. Tip: if you receive benefits from the Public Welfare Centre (CPAS-OCMW), ask your social assistant for help.
- Once your file is complete and validated, an appointment will be made for the first consultation.
- Show your identity card on the spot and pay your contribution(s) (cash only).