Zero waste in the parks
It is summer again, the time for picnics and strolls in the parks of Brussels. But this also brings nuisances such as litter with it. Would you like to do things differently and go for the 'zero waste' solution?
Here are a few tips to keep the parks clean:
- Prepare your own anti-waste dishes: compote with overripe fruit, pizza with vegetable leaves, gnocchi based on bread leftovers,...
- Pack everything in reusable material such as a glass jar, lunch box or bento box, wax paper...
- Use a drinking bottle instead of plastic bottles or cans. A stainless steel drinking bottle also keeps the drinks cool (or warm).
- Use cloth napkins as a durable alternative to paper ones.
- Choose reusable glasses, plates and cutlery.
Also remember that as a visitor you have to keep the parks tidy and throw your rubbish in the bin or take it home with you. Those who do not obey the rules may be fined.
It is also forbidden to feed animals (pigeons, ducks,...) and dogs must be kept on a leash at all times outside the dog zones.
Next video shows zero waste tips in the parks (the video contains the text above in French and a background music):