Bruegel Library opens in the evening and at weekends with Open+
The French-language Bruegel Library is now also accessible outside normal opening hours, after work or at the weekend, thanks to the Open+ Bibliotheca system.
Open+ is an automated opening system that makes a library accessible at times when no librarian is present. You can borrow books or use a quiet workspace, in complete autonomy.
How does the Open+ library work?
- the library user registers with the librarians, receives explanation and signs a charter (image rights, responsibilities,...)
- the user has access to the library with his or her library card, which is activated after signing the charter. The number of people present in the library is automatically counted.
- the user can consult, borrow books,...
- camera surveillance and a security system are active during these unmanned opening hours
- loudspeakers announce the closing of the library 15 minutes before and every 5 minutes thereafter. Numbers are available in case of specific problems (incident, police, technical support) and the alarm goes off if there is movement after closing time.
- in case of inappropriate behaviour, a report can be made via an online form
Open+ opening hours
- Monday to Wednesday from 6 pm to 10 pm
- Thursday from 3 pm to 10 pm
- Friday from 6 pm to 10 pm
- Saturday from noon to 10 pm
- Sunday from 9 am to 10 pm