Bulky waste collection in October
From 5 to 17 October 2020, the Public Cleaning Service is going to collect the bulky waste in Brussels.
The City of Brussels organizes 3 collections of bulky waste every year. These collections take place according to a mixed formula:
- containers are placed in districts to allow the local residents to put down their big waste there, the places are announced in a leaflet, distributed approximately 15 days before the beginning of the campaign
- the possibility is offered to persons who have difficulties moving, to ask for a removal at home
Each family living in the City of Brussels has the right to put down 2 m3 of bulky waste. An ID card will be asked on the spot to verify the residence in Brussels.
The collection is thus a good opportunity to get rid of your TV, furniture and other broken electrical devices. Attention: construction waste, garden waste and tires are not allowed.
Please note: exceptionally there is no collection of clothing.
Your items can still serve? Can they still be repaired? Give them a second life:
- I sell second-hand and/or I give it away (in French)
- Maximum 2m³ waste per household, industrial waste prohibited
- Wearing a mask is mandatory
- Keep a safe distance (at least 1.5 m)
- Show your ID card spontaneously to the official
- Open the trunk of your car yourself and dump your waste in the containers
In your district, workers of the Public Cleaning Service will be at your disposal from 8 am to 6 pm at the following places:
5 October: place Peter Benoit, rue du Ramier, rue du Général Biebuyck, rue de la Tour Japonaise
17 October: place Peter Benoit, rue du Général Biebuyck
5 October: avenue du Forum, Avenue Mutsaard
Pentagon (city centre)
7 October: place du Nouveau Marché aux Grains, rue de la Chapelle, boulevard du Midi, rue du Miroir
9 October: place Anneessens, rue de Witte de Haelen
15 October: place des Barricades
17 October: place du Nouveau Marché aux Grains
9 October: avenue de l'Héliport (at number 22), avenue de l'Héliport (corner chaussée d'Anvers)
15 October: rue des Confédérés, rue Joseph II
17 October: rue des Confédérés
9 and 17 October: rue du Beemdgracht
13 October: rue Claessens, boulevard du Centenaire, Parvis Notre-Dame, rue du Javelot
17 October: rue Claessens, rue du Javelot
15 October: avenue Franklin Roosevelt (avenue Vénézuela)
17 October: avenue Louise - rue du Châtelain