This event has already passed
On 24 January, 1 February and 6 February 2022 with departure from the Place Rogier.
A data walk is a learning experience that is both an urban walk and a workshop: a 'walkshop'. It is a way to engage with citizens in an interactive dialogue about what is happening in their city, where the digital meets the physical. It allows citizens to discover how data is collected in the urban environment, by whom and why, for what purposes and to discuss the benefits as well as the risks, if any, to their privacy.
Curious to learn more about how your data is collected and processed in the public space? Join a 'Data Walk' organized by the Smart City Office of the Brussels Region, in collaboration with researchers from the SPECTRE project.
They will take place:
- on Monday 24 January (in English & Dutch) from noon to 1:30 pm
- on Tuesday 1 February (in English & Dutch) from noon to 1:30 pm
- on Sunday 6 February (in French) from noon to 1:30 pm and from 3 pm to 4:30 pm
How to register?
The Data Walks are free of charge, but registration is compulsory:
- External site What do the "Data Walks" have in store for you? (Smart City Brussels)
- External site Data Walks (Facebook)